The Best Baba Ghanoush
You can make this wonderful bread accompaniment by hand, as directed in this recipe, or simply place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a thick puree.
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 1 medium eggplant pricked all over with a fork
- 1 clove garlic pressed or finely minced (and squashed with the side of a knife)
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 inch pita wedge or half slice bread (crumbled)
- ¼ chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Microwave the eggplant about 10 minutes, or until it is soft. Let cool until you can handle it comfortably.
- Scoop the flesh into a bowl, add the garlic, and mash with a potato masher. Add the bread and lemon juice, and continue to mash and stir the mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper. Garnish with more parsley and serve.