The All Time Best Classic Meatloaf
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Main
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ¾ cup quick oatmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion (finely diced (or grate it if your kids will freak out if they see a piece of onion))
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat. This only takes 30 seconds or so, you do not want to over mix.
- Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.