| Yield: 4 Serv | Prep Time: 40 Min | Cooking Time: 35 Min | Total Time: 75 Min |
1 red bell pepper
- 2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves (total)
- 6 olive oil (total)
- 250ml / 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 to 3 sambal olek – hot chili puree
- 2/3 cup cream
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 3/4 cup ground meat (pork/beef mix)
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- 2 chopped parsley
- 1 oregano
1/4 cup alpine cheese, finely diced
- Cut the red pepper in half; remove seeds and dice. Peel two cloves of garlic and the shallots, and dice finely as well. Sauté everything in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add stock, sambal olek, and cream, and simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Then puree everything thoroughly, salt to taste and divide among four cocottes.
- Meanwhile, cut the top quarter off the top of the yellow peppers like a lid. Remove the core. Mix rice with ground meat and egg in a large bowl. Peel the onion and the remaining garlic, dice finely and sauté in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the mixture to the meat and season everything with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika. Stir in the chopped herbs and cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 395 °F. Fill the peppers with the meat/rice mixture and cover them with the pepper lids. Drizzle the peppers with the remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, and put each pepper into one of the cocottes of sauce. Place the cocottes onto the bottom of the preheated oven and braise for around 35-40 minutes.