Safety is very important when it comes to the kitchen. So make sure that your area is clean and free of anything that can cause a accident.
- Avoid leaving food that is cooking unattended for a long period of time, if at all. If using a Timer, have it with you at all times to remind you that you have something brewing in the kitchen.
- Turn handles of pots and pans inward and not sticking out.
- Avoid reaching over the stove top when cooking and watch your sleeves.
- Keep Potholders, Towels, and any other combustibles away from cooking areas.
- Do not put Knives or other sharp objects into a full sink. Someone could reach in and accidentally get hurt.
- When processing hot liquids in a Blender (such as sauces and soups), make sure the blender’s lid is back on, then cover the lid with a towel and your hand, before proceeding to blend. Also, do not fill the blender more than half-way.
- Launder your Dishtowels and Sponges frequently to get rid of Bacteria or simply replace often.
- Keep children and pets away from appliances when cooking.
- Keep appliance cords as short as possible to avoid accidents such as tripping or knocking the appliance over.
- Have a small Fire Extinguisher and a First Aid Kit readily accessible. Also make sure that Smoke Detectors are placed throughout your house.