Cocotte Poached Sole Roll with Fruity Saffron-Peppers
Enhancing the flavor of fresh fish without destroying it, I love Cod and Halibut And I am always playing with ways to enhance the flavor.
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 75 milliliters / 5 tbs noilly prat
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 400 milliliters / 3⅓ cups fish stock
- salt (pepper)
- 1 zucchini
- 4 sole fillets (around 60 g / 2 oz. each)
- juice of ½ lemon
- Cut peppers in half; remove cores. Pare pepper halves and dice very finely. Peel garlic and grate finely. Heat olive oil in a pan; saute garlic, peppers and orange zest. Deglaze with Noilly Brat. Add saffron, orange juice and fish stock; reduce by half. Season the stock generously with salt and pepper. Distribute ⅔ of it among four mini cocottes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F. Wash zucchini and cut lengthwise into slices about 2 mm / 1/16 inch thick. Rinse sole fillets and pat dry, then season with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. Top each fish fillet with 1-2 zucchini slices and roll up. Lay one roll into each mini cocotte, then cover with the remaining saffron-pepper stock. Put the lids on the cocottes and place them on a baking tray. Bake on the bottom of the oven for around 12-14 min.
- Serve with rice.