Chicken balsamic, Sweet Onion & Thyme
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Main
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose Gold Medal All Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound of Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 chopped Onion (thinly-sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of White Bread
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Thyme
- 2 teaspoons of Butter
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- On a plate combine flour, ½ tsp salt & ¼ tsp pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat add chicken and cook turning once. Until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes, remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to pan saute over medium high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring often until onions are tender about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter until melted, spoon sauce over chicken. Yields 1 chicken breast and about ¼ cup onion sauce per serving.
- Don't have fresh thyme use ½ tsp of dried thyme.