Best BLT Salad Around Here
Wait a sandwich that's now a salad shut the front door!!
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Salad & Dressing
- French baguette
- 6 oz. bacon (about 9 slices)
- About 6 cups washed lettuce (a delicate, leafy green is best)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil (sliced into ribbons)
- For The Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cube the baguette into ½ inch pieces (should provide around 4 cups of croutons).
- In a large non-stick pan, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Carefully remove 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings and set aside, returning the pan to the heat. Add the bread cubes and toss until golden and crispy, stirring regularly, about four minutes.
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified. Crumble the bacon. Toss salad ingredients, bacon and croutons, drizzle with dressing and serve.