Finally a jam that's fit for a burger. You'll want this one on stand by for burger night's or just in general
1/2 pound of Bacon (sliced)
1/4 cup of Shallots (diced)
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of Orange juice (seeded)
2 tablespoons of Bourbon
3 Ginger (peeled; freshly-sliced)
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 teaspoon of Honey
Fresh ground pepper
1 Jalapeño pepper (seeded; minced)
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp and the fat is rendered, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring often and adjusting the heat as necessary. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving 1 to 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet.
2. Add the shallot and jalapeño to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until the shallot is softened, about 2 minutes, stirring often and scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Return the bacon to the skillet and add the brown sugar, cider vinegar, orange juice, bourbon, ginger and bay leaf.
3. Cover the skillet and let come to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer gently, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Transfer the bacon mixture to a mini food processor and pulse until the bacon is finely diced but not puréed, 10 to 15 times, pausing several times to scrape down the side of the bowl.
5. Place the Bacon Jam in a small bowl and stir in the honey and a couple of grindings of black pepper. Serve with crackers and assorted cheese, if desired. The jam can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 week.