Avocado Egg Roll
Upgrade your appetizer spread with this easy avocado egg rolls. This Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe is SO delicious and addicting. make right at home and it tastes a million times better too!
Author: Straight Outta My Kitchen
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 680 g or 1½ lbs red onions (chopped)
- 45 millilitres or 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 45 millilitres or 3 tbs garlic (finely chopped)
- 300 milliliters or 1¼ cups lime juice
- 150 g or 6 oz dried tomato packed in oils (chopped)
- 100 millilitres or ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 23 millilitres or 1½ tbs ground cumin
- 23 millilitres or 1½ tbs salt
- 12 3 12 about 3 kg or 12 (about 6 lbs avocados, cut into ½” cubes)
- 24 egg rolls wrappers (6”)
- Saute onion in oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, tomato, cilantro, cumin and salt; fold in avocado. Cool to room temperature.
- For each roll, lay an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with corner at top. Put ½ cup cooled filling in a line from left to right on the centre of the egg roll wrapper, leaving a 1" border on each side. Pull top corner over filling; fold in sides. Roll once toward bottom corner. Moisten remaining corner with water; press firm to roll. Reserve on a lightly floured sheet pan, sealed side down. Cover and refrigerate until service.Note: Egg rolls may be prepared to this point a few hours before service.
- For each serving: Deep-fry 2 egg rolls at 375ºF. until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Cut on the diagonal. Serve immediately.