Pork Roast With Rub
Pork loin is marinated with a nice rub flavoured with thyme and three chilies. Served with roasted Vegetables and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- Mix brown sugar, pepper, salt, garlic powder, mustard powder, ground ginger, onion powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, and thyme in a bowl. Rub spice mixture over pork loin and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place pork on a 9×13-inch baking dish and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from pork and discard; return pork to baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Cover pork loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
You must log in to post a comment.