Coq Au Vin
Coq Au Vin
A classic French dish of chicken cooked in red wine, with Onions, Mushrooms and Bacon
- 8 Chicken drum sticks
- 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Slices of bacon
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Celery (chopped)
- 1 cup of Red wine
- 1 1/2 cups of Chicken broth
- 10 Button mushrooms (chopped)
- 6 Thyme sprigs
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine drumsticks and flour and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a preheated large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pot and set aside. Cook chicken pieces in oil from bacon until well browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until vegetables are tender, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot; add stock, mushrooms and thyme, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and bake in a 325°F (170°C) oven for 90 minutes.
- Carefully remove chicken pieces from pot using a slotted spoon and arrange on serving platter. Spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.